Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The show for the Davey G CD Release at the Hamilton Arts Collective!


What a show! What a place! I cannot say enough about the Hamilton Arts Collective and what an amazing place it is for live performances. The couches are great, the people are nice, and for your dollar, it is one amazing and affordable night out. Please support them, by going to shows, friending them on myspace, whatever they need.

Pieness opened the show with something called “Journey to Silliness,” and indeed, it set the tone for a night that was in fact very silly (I mean that in a good way!). Her set was 20 minutes of video game music with vocals, set to the lighting of Imaginary Voyage, Inc., and was enjoyed by all. It was her first performance in a year, and hopefully we will be seeing more of her soon (right, Pie???)

The Dirty Marmaduke Flute Squad kicked the crap out of that stage, played a song for a lady who wandered in and stuck her head inside Steve’s horse-head-gear to request an encore. They played the Milli Vanilli hit “Blame it on the Rain” and the crowd went wild. I love this band, and you should, too!

I had pumped this show up for almost a whole year, and now it was time to deliver my first honest to God attempt at being a…(a-hem!)…headliner. It’s risky to play for a long time, I think, because I’ve always felt my strength was knowing when to shut up (Dr. Demento himself said as much in my 1992 rejection letter!) But apparently it went well, because 19 songs later I was going an encore, which I did not practice for. I did a rough version of “Why Must We Wear Pants?” which I haven’t played since 2002, and then ended with “Billy W.” It was a great way to launch the CD. That long-awaited CD…

Imaginary Voyage’s lighting was such an unexpected bonus, I thank them for their efforts. It made me feel like the rock star I like to pretend I am.

And by the way--if you were there and have pictures, video, audio, whatever, I would love to have a copy. I will post pictures to my website, with credit to the photographer, and my eternal gratitude. Comment back if you have anything cool!


So what now? You ask. Well, there is the CD promotion, making it available on-line and in fine local stores, such as these:

Atomic Books
1100 W. 36th Street
Baltimore, MD 21211
410.662.4444
http://www.atomicbooks.com/_Home.html

Reptilian Records (they carry my zine, as well!)
2545 N. Howard Street,
Baltimore, MD 21218
410-327-6853
http://www.reptilianrecords.com/

Soundgarden
1616 Thames Street
Baltimore, MD 21231
410.563.9011
http://www.cdjoint.com/


True Vine
1123 36th st., Baltimore, mad 21211
u.s.a. telephone: 410-235-4500
http://www.thetruevinerecordshop.com/THETRUEVINEPHYSICALSHOP.html

Normals
425 E. 31st Street
Baltimore, MD
21218
410-243-6888
www.normals.com

These places all carry the Davey G and the Keyboard CD, you can check them out at your leisure. Or you can buy it from me off of my site
www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

For any Pittsfieldians, I will be playing a show up in your area in about 2 weeks (more on this in a future post) and then…I’m taking a break for the winter, and I will re-emerge on March 1 for the Hole in the Wall Cabaret, back at the Hamilton Arts Collective.


Thanks for reading, thanks for listening, thank all of you who came out! I hope you enjoy the new CD!

--Davey G and the Keyboard
www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

1 comment:

Davey G. said...

Hey--I found this video of part of the show on-line



http://www.metacafe.com/watch/915501/davey_g_cd_release_party/