Sunday, October 28, 2007

Some Important Information about the show

Hi Everyone,

By now, if you have been following the progress of my upcoming album, or if you have been around the Baltimore area in the last week, you are at least vaguely aware of the Davey G and the Keyboard CD Release on November 10 at the Hamilton Arts Collective, if not through me, or through a friend, then maybe through seeing this flyer all over town:


My hope is that you are already planning to attend, and don’t need any further sales pitch, so this message is directed at the people who have already made up their minds to attend--some things you should know, because at this point, I have done so much planning and promoting for this that I really just want to cover the bases and not let anything get in the way of your enjoyment of this show:

1. The Hamilton Arts Collective is wonderful place to see live performances--it has couches, and is set up like a really comfortable living room--but it is a little far from the immediate downtown area. I strongly suggest that you leave early, and you spend a few minutes looking at this page on the HAC’s website. It has directions, and important info about parking.

http://www.hamiltonarts.org/dhome/?q=node/14

2. I know many of you are big Davey G fans, and this show is going to be a full-on experience. The opening acts are very strong, and the lighting magic of Imaginary Voyage, Inc is sure to set this show apart from the rest. Pieness does songs set to video game music, something which is right up my alley and sure to entertain. The Dirty Marmaduke Flute Squad were recently on Fox’s The Next Great American Band performing Kim Wild’s “Kids in America,” and in complete sincerity, I have been looking forward to playing with them all year. So what I’m trying to say is I encourage you to stay for the whole thing, because it’s going to be an overall really good show with acts that are very complementary.

3. Please note that this event is BYOB. I will be bringing some extra National Bohemian from my personal stash to share, but if you want anything else or are worried there won’t be any left for you, make sure you make that all-important stop at the liquor store before coming!

4. When I run out of CD’s, that’s it--so make sure you buy yours early. They will be a special show price of $5, and I will be available for signings as needed.

5. If for whatever reason you really want to go to this show but can’t make it, I forgive you. Just make sure you buy my CD, which will be available on my website and at stores throughout the Baltimore area, to be named in a future message.

Thanks for reading! I will be hard at practice for the next two weeks so see you at the Hamilton Arts Collective!

Davey G and the Keyboard


www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: