Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Future of the *uck *ity *aper campaign

I may take this Anti-City Paper Project and put it on a separate blog, as I’m pretty much doing it for my own benefit and for the benefit of likeminded people who are sick of the declining quality of the Baltimore City Paper. I don’t want to detract from the usual Davey G related subjects that normally fill my blog by ranting endlessly about the same subject.
It’s still a germ of a project, I don’t know how far I will go with it. For all I know, I could be putting my tail between my legs in a month and deciding that boycotting them is just too much of a hassle (as a local music artist, it feels like biting the hand that feeds me to speak ill of the only weekly alternative paper in town. But really, what have they ever done for me?). But for now, I just want to put links to the syndicated columns that appear in CP and allow you to avoid ever having to deal with them.
I am content to do my own thing my own way, but it’s really frustrating to see how badly this paper panders to their friends, and makes half-assed sarcastic comments about others (honestly, if I were the Talking Head owner, I would have sued them for libel--but I have probably beaten this issue to death). In short--I just want to stay positive, and if I have an axe to grind with anyone, I prefer to take my revenge through satire (see the Low Level Bureaucrats series). It’s not very Zen of me to let someone make me angry. But the last time I looked, my name was not Buddha. Or even Siddhartha. Or even Herman Hesse. Or Yoda. Or…

So if I get this going, I will link to it here. And if not…there will be several missing days in the Davey G Blog as I try desperately to cover up my involvement in bad-mouthing the City Paper.

Enter to win tickets to the next Davey G and the Keyboard show here!
www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: