Thursday, October 04, 2007

some Davey G related news



Just a smattering of some Davey G related news, for your edification:

If you have been paying attention to anything in the blog this year, you already know about the Davey G CD Release, so let me make it official (before I announce it to the general public):

The Davey G and the Keyboard, Chairman of the Keyboard CD Release is on!
Saturday, November 10, at the Hamilton Arts Collective!
5440 Harford Road (3rd Floor)
Baltimore, Maryland 21214

With Pieness, The Dirty Marmaduke Flute Squad and featuring the lighting magic of
Imaginary Voyage, Inc.

This will be a BYOB show, and you will all get first crack at the new CD. I would go to this show, even if I weren’t in it.
*******

Sad news (at least for now). My trademark sunglasses, the ones I wear for every Davey G show, have unfortunately gone missing. I had the CD cover photo taken last Thursday, then went to a baseball game and the next morning they were gone. I am unclear now as to whether I even took them to the game. Really, this is stupid, but it upsets my world. (That, and the perpetual cough I’ve had for over a month now.) They are prescription glasses, so they are not cheap. I still keep some hope that they will turn up, but for now I will be squinting along with the rest of us. (It’s okay, I’ll survive.)

*******
For those fans up in Pittsfield, Massachusetts--look for a possible show next month. (!) It hasn’t been confirmed yet, but if it happens I will be all over getting the word out. The March of ‘06 show at the Source of the Nile (R.I.P) turned out to be one of the best I’ve ever done. I still get people messaging me about it. Honestly, I’m excited about this prospect of another return to the homeland; I hope it gets off the ground. Stay tuned!

*********
And if you miss those…there will be Davey G at the Hole in the Wall Cabaret, coming up in March. Check out Hole in the Wall Cabaret, they’ve got a schedule for this season with lots of great stuff.
That’s all for now! More info to come!

www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: