Monday, December 04, 2006

Hole in the Wall Wrap-up

holiday2
Saturday December 2nd
Davey G and the Keyboard at the
HOLE IN THE WALL CABARET!
With
Capoera Males Mestre Curisco Johns Hopkins University in a demonstration of the Brazilian martial art!
And mentalist, Jason Linett!

Hamilton Arts Collective turned out to be a really great spot for me, with it’s seating designed for comfort--nothing but couches, making it feel like a living room with a stage. I opened this odd little variety show with about a 22 minute set, was well-received, and toweled the lotion off the floor as best I could, as the Brazilian Martial Arts team took the stage. Their demonstration of a style of fighting made to look like dancing was cool--lots of simulated fighting and lots of me wondering how they didn’t kick each other accidentally. Jason Linett, mentalist--had people hold up objects while he was blindfolded while he guessed what they were…almost as impressive as his accurately naming people’s long-dead pets and long lost relatives. I would never want to play poker with that guy!
I debuted our brand new Davey G Holiday Magnets! They can be yours with the purchase of any of my products!

www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: