Thursday, December 14, 2006

bad roommate zine

I have no idea what will come from this, but I have begun work on an idea I have had for over ten years: The Bad Roommate Zine. I just finished the story of Roommate Number 1, and I’m hoping to solicit other people’s stories.

Here is part of the intro, which defines what I’m trying to get at with this new project:

“The Bad Roommate: I’m not talking about the biggest slob, or the one with the most annoying habit, or the one with the occasionally late rent check. I’m talking about that person you live with whose very soul is pure evil. Whose very presence sucks the life out of an otherwise good house, or good apartment. The person who does such harm to you, intentional or unintentional (and trust me, unintentional harm is just as bad), that it scars you, makes you unwilling to ever trust another human being again, or at any rate, makes you demand a hefty deposit from all who follow him/her. A bad roommate is a cancer on what might be an otherwise great place to live. Through their toxic behavior, their inability to empathize with what you go through in living with them, their flat-out selfishness, or mind-bending stupidity, they hurt you. They make you wish you had never met them, and they certainly make you wish you had never given them a key.”
Any thoughts?

I am working on a page for the secret trip, as well, it’s just coming along slowly.
www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: