Monday, October 02, 2006

October for all of us...

October tends to be a month that I become really, really, uselessly absorbed by the baseball playoffs, despite the fact that my team has once again fared poorly and is not involved in the post-season. I am at least a little upset that some of my favorite Orioles have been accused of taking performance enhancing drugs. If it turns out to be true, I am lopping the head off my Brian Roberts bobblehead and mailing it to him, care of the Orioles, because he is my favorite player and that news would almost absolutely destroy my interest in this crap ass team.
Other things…
*If you are eating at the Golden West Café (1105 W. 36th St., Baltimore, 21211-2507)
anytime soon, check out the little waiting area for the new Davezine, which I left there this morning. They are good people there who serve a mean weekend brunch.
*I just got a 5-inch screen TV from the thrift store that works off of the cigarette lighter in my car. It makes me stupidly happy.
*The City Paper is having their annual short story contest. It is really hard for me to do anything under 2500 words these days, but I am going to try anyway.

No comments: