Thursday, October 12, 2006

Notes on new Davey G. songs

10-12
More songs! I have about 8 new songs, working toward that next album.
New ones-- “Amy W. Has Bad Credit”--some person who used to live in my house has collection agencies after her. This is the first song I’ve ever done with a tempo and preset change in the middle.
“Gonna Play the Race Card” isn’t quite finished, but it could be really funny.
“Wear a Condom” is just angry and pretty much a throwaway song, and “You Triumph When You Quit” has been a personal mission. I’ve tossed out a few of the ones I was working on before, so I’m at about 8.
“Handshake,” “Be My Friend,” “Overdue,” and “Irritating” are pretty much locked in as they are.

I don’t know how much more I can do with the “Who’s Gonna Do the Boss” story. I let one person read it but otherwise I’m just calling it a day.

www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: