Thursday, April 19, 2007

I think I may have an album here…




Fourth recording session today, and 5 songs later I kind of think I just about have an album’s worth. I threw in a cover of an old Minor Threat song that just killed me--way better than I thought it was going to be, if I may say so myself. And now, Chairman of the Keyboard seems like it is coming to completion, as far as the song recording goes. I re-recorded a song I did last week, learning the lessons of the past: when you make one bad recording, or bad copy, or whatever, every copy you make amplifies it. So get it right the first time.
That picture is a close-up of my crusted, lotioned-up kawai X20 keyboard, with “x’s” I wrote on the keys so I would not mess up one of my songs.


This is blog post number 101, by the way, and unfortunately, I didn’t high five very much today, to celebrate National High Five day--I only interacted with three other human beings and I totally forgot about it. Next year.

I’m playing a show next week, at the Whole Gallery. Just in case you’re interested.

www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: