Saturday, February 10, 2007

A special announcement for readers of the blog!

Ever been screwed over by a bad roommate? Do you have an awful story about someone you lived with that you just have to share? Can you write it yourself so I don’t have to? Then submit it to my new project!

Hello, I’m here to destroy your Life: A zine about Bad Roommates

In modern society, it is often practical and expedient to find a like-minded individual with whom to share a living space and expenses. This ‘zine is about when that arrangement goes bad. I’m talking about that person you live with whose very soul is pure evil. Whose very presence sucks the life out of an otherwise good house, or good apartment. The person who does such harm to you, intentional or unintentional that it scars you and makes you unwilling to ever trust another human being again.

Do you have such a story?

I am looking for your best story about your worst roommate; you write it however you want, and send it to me--preferably in an e-mail and I will get it printed and send it around to the local stores in Baltimore that sell ‘zines, as well as put it up on my site, and myspace, and all that, and see where it goes. I am not talking huge exposure: just a small run ‘zine that hopefully people will read and love. It may look alarmingly like my Davezine.
If that is okay with you, then we are in business.
This is an idea that I have had for years as roommate after roommate has screwed me over either financially or emotionally. Here’s hoping that sharing our collected pain will help the healing process.
Go to www.daveygandthekeyboard.com and go to the “Contact Me” link. Don’t get mad if I don’t use your story, or if it takes me a while to get this done. I am just a lowly ‘zine editor who isn’t used to collaborating--your submission will help me to push through and get this idea out of my system for good. If you have any questions, comment or contact me via my site or myspace.

Thanks!

No comments: