Monday, February 12, 2007

Anyone have thoughts on a new Davey G Cover song?

Writing is hard. Music is easier. When stressing about writing, doing my “music” works for me so much better. After a few hours of practice today, my brain hit upon a new song that poured out of me in a stream of ridiculousness. It’s called “I Wanna Be a Real Musician.” I think it could be a hit.
I toy with the idea of doing a new cover song for the next album, or even for the Sidebar
show next month (March 27). I have been doing
Judas Priest’s “Breaking the Law” for over 5 years, and I love it so, I do so love it, but sometimes I think the act could benefit from a freshening up. My new songs will help, but a familiar cover never hurts. My particular challenge: doing a song I can handle, that I could gently make fun of, that people would recognize.
Any thoughts?

www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: