Thursday, February 08, 2007

Lost Bureaucrats

Watching a “Survivor’s Guide” for “Lost”
last night, the creators talked about planting “Easter Eggs” in their episodes: little threads where certain characters we know from the island interact in the flashbacks. In my new story, Low Level Bureaucrats 3, I am attempting something similar, by tying minor characters from part one and two into the action of part three, possibly giving them more depth from their previous appearances. Of course, the TV show is a mystery and my story is sort of a political satire, but I can appreciate the difficulty of continuity and figuring everything out.
Of the creative projects I am undertaking lately, this one is the hardest. Basically the plot has to do with Karl Love’s final revenge against the city of Beatown and I’ve had to go over it a lot to make it make sense, especially with new ideas that I know would make it better.
One thought about how everyone is bitching about the new season of Lost and how much it sucks: if you have been a fan of the first two seasons, doesn’t this show deserve to be cut a little slack for lagging a little? I mean, after all, hasn’t it entertained us for free for two whole years?
Maybe I'm just too sensitive.


I watch TV.

No comments: