Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Sidebar, Last Wave Report



Big thanks to the Sidebar for having me at Last Wave over the weekend! I played with 9 other bands in a mix of styles and enjoyed the pot-luck barbeque beforehand. Old gimmicks, new gimmicks, many of the familiar reactions. A guy from E. Joseph (or maybe E. Joseph is a guy) was standing outside smoking (Sidebar is now smoke-free) and saw two black kids happen by during “Childhood Pain.” They stopped, listened, and kind of danced around a little bit, and said (and I quote, second-hand) “White boy crazy!” He told me this story, and I told him I would write about it in the blog. So here it is.
As always, The Sidebar has been great to me and I really appreciate their continued support in the Davey G experience.

With any luck, I may have big announcements in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: