Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Concession Speech

I would like to thank everyone who put in a vote for Davey G and the Keyboard for Best of Baltimore, but I am officially conceding the race for Best Solo Music Artist. I guess it just came down to the fact that while I have a very rabid and loyal following, my fame is not conducive to winning a citywide race in which getting many many people to vote for me is important. I would just like to let everyone know that I will not be challenging this in court, as I feel that this is the only way for us, as a country, as a people, to heal. I wish all the best to the winners.
As I look to the future I find that I must take the time to re-evaluate my priorities, and see just how I can use my gift to benefit…myself. I will finish this album, I will continue to play shows and bring smiles to the masses. And of course, there’s always next year. So stay tuned, and thank you for supporting Davey G!

www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: