Monday, September 11, 2006

This Week...big show!

I put up some posters at the Talking Head Club this weekend during their Reverent Fog festival, the posters that Cory pulled together for me in about an hour. I kind of freaked a little last week because I didn’t really have anything ready, and then when I made something, it turned out to not look so good blown up. We took the chips and cards picture from the cover of my new ‘zine and used it as the background for all the information. It actually looks very professional. I realized that my visual talent lends itself more to the ‘zine format, and doesn’t work so well on a big scale. I wish I could put a picture up here but my scanner is too small, dammit!
Now I feel a very busy week ahead of finishing the copying of Davezine, practicing like a motherfucker--since I have some new songs I don’t have as firmly ingrained in my head as my old familiar classics--and getting as many people as possible to come out to this show. I think the depression of the June cancellation made me really want to pull something off, and I’m happy with this September date. The new Davezine is very good, I feel like having it shelved for a few months has allowed me to appreciate the writing, making me less self-critical. I feel like I have a lot to say this week but hopefully I will have plenty left on Saturday to do a really awesome show.
www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: