Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Conflicts

I had mixed feelings watching the O’s game on TV last night--they were playing the Angels, the team I put money on to win the World Series this year, who were 7 games back of Oakland--a win would have brought them up a game, as Oakland had lost earlier. While it feels sick to root against my hometown team (okay, adopted hometown) they are totally out of the race, so really, a win does nothing for them. But the Angels still have a shot, and I still have live bet on them. But their chances have gotten more and more slim because for every game they win, it seems like Oakland wins 2. So I have a real interest in seeing them make up some ground and get into the playoffs, but of course, that puts me at odds with my team. So while I didn’t cheer for the Angels, I wasn’t too upset when they won by a final score of 1-0.
I have a new, modest bet on the Bengals to win the AFC. The Bengals are, of course, in the same division as the Ravens. I see another conflict of interest on the way.

No comments: