Thursday, March 12, 2009

Notes on preparing for Awesomefest this Weekend.

I’ve been getting my set together for the show this Saturday and it’s looking pretty good--I’m adding possibly 3 brand new songs, including one that I am calling “Old and Cranky.” The other songs are yet to be determined, as I’ll probably be tinkering with the set until the last minute--who knows, I may do more.
It looks like I’m going on around 2:30 or so, but you’ll actually want to get there in time to see Wild Bonerz, who are on before me at around 2. They are a split-off from The Dirty Marmaduke Flute Squad and are always entertaining. There will be screenings of movies and a total of 14 bands taking the stage, and it is all to benefit a new comic book shop called Awesometown Comics. It’s mind boggling, crazy even.
This Saturday at the Sidebar.
http://www.sidebartavern.com/
Doors open at 1:30.
In case you haven’t seen the flyer it looks like this:






Hope to see you there.
--Davey G.

No comments: