Sunday, March 15, 2009

Davey G Awesomefest re-cap.


Photo by Mike Walley-Rund

This was an afternoon show in the great outdoors in March, which turned out to not be such a great idea; it was eventually moved indoors. But the first 3 acts, including mine, were played in the parking lot, which was fun but cold. It was interesting to have random people walking by or standing in the alley hearing such classics as “I Love Crack” and “Man-Friend,” as well as a couple new ones “Old and Cranky” and “Sit Down, Shut Up.” I had notes on index cards which were blown around in the wind--they’re mostly just place-holders with key words in case I forget something…when I played “Sit Down…” I kind of garbled some of the lines.
Here are a few of them:

“Putting up a fight doesn’t float my boat/
Things are easier now that I’ve given up hope.
Sit Down! Shut Up! Don’t Put up a fight!”

This was one of the few shows in my career where I didn’t do the lotion bit. It was cold, and like I said at the time, I’m dedicated to my craft…but not THAT dedicated.
Admittedly, I did not stick around for most of this, because like my new song says, I’m old and cranky.

BTW…
For anyone interested, I am now on Twitter. I’m still new to it, and for some reason still unable to use it from my phone (which kinda defeats the purpose of it) but I will work this out hopefully soon. My username is “daveygandthe” which I hope will encompass all of my future projects.

I have a lot more information about my next 2 shows but I think this will be enough for now. Check back soon!

--Davey G.

No comments: