Monday, July 16, 2007

The One Month Hiatus Debriefing.




I didn’t want to panic anyone, but I basically took the last month off from Davey G and the Keyboard. I didn’t practice, record, write, or, for that matter, even take my keyboard out of the case after the last show at the Sidebar. Breaks can be tricky, as sometimes they just sort of start and then go on forever, but I think this one was necessary, and my future projects will be better for it.

A few announcements:

*Have you ever wanted to get your hands on old issues of the Davezine (the self-published fiction ‘zine I have been writing for the last 12 years) but don’t know how? Well…I have rectified that problem. For the first time ever, issues 1-12 (including issue 9.5) are available via my Davey G Catalog. All prices have the postage included.
I’ll be adding CD’s to the catalog soon, updating when I can. If you have any suggestions or there are any bugs, let me know--my web skills are what they are, so…I appreciate any feedback.

*I have restarted work on Low Level Bureaucrats 3, which will eventually come out in Davezine 13. It will be the end the Beatown trilogy, a plot line that has carried through since 2005 in Davezine 11.

*Davey G and the Office Supply E.P is still available (as are all my CDs) on the website. Keep an eye out for news of the Davey G CD Release Party (this November!) for my upcoming “Chairman of the Keyboard” CD. Initial response to the new songs gives me reason to believe this fourth CD will exceed all expectations. I think by the fourth time around, I probably am starting to get some idea of what it is I’m doing.

Thanks for reading! I will have a new show announcement coming soon!

www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: