Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Sidebar Show: The Culmination of my Training


(photo courtesy of Mike R)

The Sidebar show with Lebanon and Mr. Moccasin, the one I’ve been writing about for weeks now, was a big success, and after I finished, I got the weirdest compliment (?) yet, from one of the guys from Lebanon (from Israel) : “If you’re not a Jew, you should be.” Thanks.
Turnout was good, new songs went off well, I made a few new fans, the lotion was somewhat clumpy.

I took a one day break from blogging and doing anything remotely productive, but I still had to send this e-mail to my supporters:

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to send a big "thank you" for all who attended the Davey G and the Keyboard show at the Sidebar Tuesday night. Turnout was great, especially for a Tuesday, and as always, I am so grateful when people come to see me play.
I am not-so-secretly hoping that this good showing on a non-weekend night will be a good sign for future shows at this club. So I truly thank anyone who supports all things Davey G, and hope that you will continue to do so in the future. If you didn't make it out this week, maybe I'll see you at the next one. Stay tuned.
And one big favor, maybe? If anyone can send me pictures from this show, I will post them to my site/blog and give you picture credit and a good firm handshake.
Thanks!
Davey G and the Keyboard


As far as the effect of the 2 weeks of Davey G training beforehand: I still was just a bit sloppy at times, forgetting things or losing track but managing to cover well. I think it is really hard to ever simulate the conditions of a live performance while I am practicing in my basement: for one thing, I don’t drink at home when I’m practicing, I don’t have people watching me (as far as I know) and the adrenaline doesn’t ever reach show level when I’m by myself.
But…I can say that the fact that I put a lot into practicing this time helped a lot with smoothing over rough spots--I felt comfortable, even after a 4 month break. I would say that the possibility for a few more shows this year (before the big CD release in November) is very good.


www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: