Thursday, August 17, 2006

Is it Thursday again?

I’ve been working pretty steadily on my music the last week or so, and I feel like I could be confident in trying out two new songs at the next show. One song is called “Irritating” and the other is “Come to my House, Break In, Steal My Shit,” which pretty much speaks for itself, I guess. I was inspired by two movies I’ve seen recently--Leonard Cohen “I’m Your Man” and the Devil and Daniel Johnston--the former because of the work ethic involved in his music and poetry, which I feel puts me to shame whenever I think I “can’t write” or just avoid the whole process. The latter is an inspiration because Daniel Johnston is really just some fucked up guy who’s been plugging away at it for years. He looked success in the face and was then too crazy to cash in on it. Fucking brilliant! I see some of the minimalist elements in his work in some of my shit--though he actually plays and I just sort of tinker.
Anyway, for anyone concerned--my woman has convinced me that pictures on my blog are good thing to have, so here is a picture of the cat. Her name is Stella and she licks my arm a lot.
stella!
www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

No comments: