Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My First Foray into Novel Writing.

My First Foray into Novel Writing.

It is almost November, and I have been quietly preparing for the National Novel Writing Month, or Nanowrimo.
http://www.nanowrimo.org/

My wife has been encouraging me to do this for the last few years and finally, finally, I am going to undertake the epic quest of writing a 50,000 word novel in the span of 30 days. This a challenge that will trump any of my previous writing accomplishments.

I have an idea, and have been keeping a notebook--all of that will remain a secret until I can actually pump this thing out. My life is already pretty well-structured to accomplish this, with days that are blocked for creative pursuits, and I think I’ve laid down some pretty good writing habits in the last few years that will help with this.

So now I’ve told you. Now I’m Committed. 50 thousand words in 30 days or bust.

I encourage anyone out there to join me, to write their own novel and to be a part of my support group. You can find me at the Nanowrimo site. Be my friend! http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/312315

Saturday will be Day One. It is also the day of my big show at the Windup Space (12 W. North Ave, 9 p.m. Davey G and the Keyboard with Dirty Marmaduke Flute Squad, Bene Gesserit Witch and Markitect) I hope you can be a part of one or the other, or both.
www.myspace.com/thewindupspace

(This book will help. It is written by the guy who founded Nanowrimo.)
http://books.google.com/books?id=O8aRltYgWsUC&printsec=frontcover&dq=no+plot+no+problem#PPP1,M1
Thanks a lot! I’ll let you know how it’s going!

Dave.

This Document is 249 words. Now it’s 254. Now it’s 260...

1 comment:

1L* said...

Hehe, nice post. =)

Sorry I won't be joining you for Nanowrimo this year. Maybe next - as I do have my idea. However, I plan to (continue to) be supportive, while pursuing my own health/wellness goals during the month of November.