Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A new year in Davey G.

I guess this may be a little late (seeing as how the new year started 2 weeks ago) but I wanted to offer a preview of what is on my agenda for this year, both in Davey G and the Keyboard and the Davezine…before my wife and I start having cats and I’m forced to end my career, get a real job and spend all my money on cat food.

* The Davey G live album (release date undetermined, but probably late in the year), courtesy of the Baltimore Taper. It is a great live recording of my last show at the Hamilton Arts Collective (really, really hope they can get back in business!)

* Davezine Number 13 (going to shoot for March), with Low Level Bureaucrats 3, which will conclude the saga of Beatown.

* 6 more shows, to keep up the “a show every other month” thing.

* My Autobiographical book, the “How I Became Mr. Awesome” story. This may take some time.

* An expanded collection of three of my longer stories, presented in a novel form. This may involve some severe revisions of stuff I wrote as long as 10 years ago, but I think I have some good stuff that would work together.

I also had a dream one night that there was a graphic novel version of my 2001 story Little Bits of Heaven, and the idea has never left my head. I may bug you more about this to help me make this a reality (seriously--I need an artist who would be willing to spend some time on this and probably make very little money. If you know anyone who might be good for this, let me know!) But for now that’s just a dream.

Anyway, I hope 2008 is a good one for you! Keep reading and listening and coming out to Davey G shows!

www.daveygandthekeyboard.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you keep me in the know if the every other month show thing goes down...would love to check you out again.

Davey G. said...

look for a post very soon for my next show dates!!!