Monday, December 10, 2007

Kyle Update

The last post about the Kyle Christmas Miracle...well, the car is running fine, but it failed that emissions test. I have 4 months to either fix the problem, or show that I've spent 450 dollars in trying to fix it and be granted an exemption. My mechanic says he'd have a hard time bringing my bill up to that level on this car. It's a strange problem: my mechanic doesn't want to rip me off (!) but there is no guarantee that even if he put, say 300 dollars worth of work into it, that it would pass the test. And, even if I did, and then it failed, then the money would not count up to that 450 dollar total.

Kyle is running really well--I don't want to trash the car because some bureaucrats made some messed up rule that there is no way for me to comply with. And people at the emissions place? They are just plain mean.

No comments: